Tuesday, June 17, 2014

WHO KNEW???

Today I finally got in to see a dermatologist, after almost a year long wait!  I wonder how difficult it is to be a dermatologist and why there is such a shortage of them ( in our area at least).  I learned a lot and have to do a few things to help myself, instead of helping this problem continue.

Part of the problem is ~ wait for it ~ Ivory Soap!  Can you believe it?  I have been using it for a majority of the past 20 years. I guess it is the harshest soap one can use.  Go figure!  I always thought it was gentle and safe but it is my learn something new today!

So now I have to switch to Dove and stand in lukewarm water twice a day and slather 1.5 tablespoons over my entire body.  They assured me that 1.5 tablespoons is enough to do the job, while still wet and then ~ well then I guess we shall see.

I am not familiar with the old top coat of lubricant to help restore my skin but I am game to try.  I wonder how long it takes to absorb?  This could get tricky.  Part of me is laughing my butt of as I am thinking about doing this and another part of me has some serious questions.  I guess they will be answered soon enough.  I am planning on giving it a test run later on tonight and timing out the process.

It was a scorcher today on top of it all.  After my appointment I made my way down to the pharmacy to pick up the soap and supplies that I need for this magic cure.  While I was in the store I ran into a friend of mine who invited me for coffee.

We went over to Dotties Coffeehouse.  I have never been there before, although I have had their hot chocolate a couple of years ago at a Holiday Bazaar  The window table was open so I decided we would sit there and people watch.

I enjoyed a nice conversation and a wonderful cup of Earl Gray Tea before having to head back home.  I wanted to relax and put my feet up.  The walk to the Doctor's had taken a lot out of me despite taking it really slow.

Sitting having coffee didn't really ease the strain or pain on my back so I kind of cut our visit a little short, with a promise that if I was well in the morning I would meet he and his girl for coffee.  I am so glad he got a girlfriend!

One of the sweetest guys I know to be sure and she is so sweet as well.  Two people who are destined to be together!  I am so happy for the two of them and look forward to seeing this relationship develop!  I love LOVE (when it is other people) (joking).

Love is a blog in itself and nothing I am even close to being ready for by a mile and a half at least!  I am quite happy making my way as a single woman for the time being!

So, I made it home and made a cup of tea and Tom and I went and watched a show in my room so I could lie down and rest my aching back.  It was really too hot to do anything at the moment and I couldn't have gotten out of my own way if I needed to.

After about an hour I decided that was enough and came back downstairs.  I looked out on the porch to see if either of our packages had arrived.  Yes I finally decided what to order from Fingerhut to begin my credit repair.

Since Patrick and the boys got me a Printer I no longer had to consider that as an option.  I had a conversation with Thomas about what he thought we should get and the first thing he said was "A new comforter."

I don't know how I didn't even think about that!  It has been years since we got new bedding and we were due for updates.  Our sheets were getting threadbare and our comforters raggedy.  Much more practical than another set of dishes anyway (although they are still on the wishlist!)

I haven't done any updates in the bedrooms and truth be told ~ both rooms could use a bit of T.L.C.  This will surely do the trick!  I picked out two ~ one I thought Tom would like and one I liked unless he didn't like his in which case that would be my first choice.

He did like the one I picked so after his approval I hit send and took one of the first steps in re-establishing my credit!  It isn't bankruptcy and all of my other crap is still staring me in the face but I think it will help in the long run.

I also ordered some WII controllers so that we wouldn't have to keep passing one around which is annoying and I think has a negative impact on ones score.  I invested in some rechargeable batteries and if anyone ever comes down to play we will be ready since Pat is not giving up my Wii controller he needed to operate his WiiU.

I try not to be compulsive, but after the week I had I think it is a small price to pay.  At least everything is practical and useful and I did hit a site where the controllers are mad cheap so fingers crossed they will work!

When I looked on the porch my packages hadn't arrived yet, but there was a bag on the porch that wasn't there before. I went out to investigate and found five 8.5X11 pictures frames!  I was so excited!  I am finding that framed art looks so much better than pieces of paper hanging on the wall!

My ex Dave does listen to me it turns out and he remembered me mentioning frames the other day when he dropped in for a visit.  He called me and said he banged on the door but no one answered.  One of the problems with having the bedrooms upstairs.  That is why I normally require a phone call if someone is coming over.  Contrary to popular belief I do not live at my computer (which is downstairs.)

So that was cool and a pleasant surprise to boot.  It is always good to see Dave and I was disappointed when I missed him.  I love that I am friends with 99.9% of my exes.  Just because it didn't work out doesn't mean you have to be a dick to someone!

Anyhow, I watered my peppers and noticed the tomatoes needed to be planted ASAP.  They were getting a little wilty in the sun.  No more messing around.  I weeded the bed in front of the wall and got my trusty rake out and cleared enough room for my five little tomato plants.

I weeded another six feet for future use, which turned out to be early evening when I decided to plant six bean plants from seed in the same area.  I weeded another bit for the cukes, but they are not in the ground yet.

I call that a good days work.  I just hope I don't regret not doing the plastic trick with my tomatoes for weed prevention.  I know I can't do it with bean seeds but I did manage to make it work with the peppers!  Since there are so many of them I am thankful not to have to weed!

Now I have to cook some food.  It is getting late and not cooling off too much in the house.  I think my days of no AC have just about run their course.  If the summer heat lamp is on then so is my AC!  It appears to be on so tomorrow it will be for sure!



No comments:

Post a Comment