Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Untitled

Division and Hate

Division and hate, isn't it great?  Every day seems to lead us further away from what we all claim to want, world peace, unity, the end of poverty.  We claim to be good people, christians, neighbors, but behind closed doors and now, more and more in the open - the masks come off.

I have only lived a half of a century.  That is not long.  Over the course of my lifetime great people have taken huge risks and some have lost their lives fighting for things which I take for granted, but for things which I do not want to lose.

I admit, I am ignorant about so much that is happening in the world and why people fight to kill other people in far off places.  My focus has been on my own battles and wars to maintain my own survival in the war of poverty and survival.  I had not real time or energy to focus on those things more than a headline in a paper as I made my way trying to make a wage to feed my family and keep a roof over my head.

I always had faith in our Government and elected officials to maintain and do what is right for "We the People".  Somewhere along the line something went askew it seems.  Add to the mix the reality of the day which is lying equals truth, real is fake and racists feeling free to walk the streets without their hoods and then thousands of people coming together to say that is not okay - not fake, so real and so necessary and uplifting.

But still the division lies.  There is no power in numbers unless those numbers are $$$$!  Corporations and Greed still are king and now it appears the division will  be increasing.  I sit in front of the television as if a great tragedy has occurred.  Bigger than 911.  I know that this is not good.  The daily drama sucks the life out of each and everyone of us as we watch this very badly orchestrated show unfold.  I wonder how this story will unfold.

I see friendships deteriorate.  People are free to be who they are, it is our right.  Is it right?  Nothing ever changes despite the fight.  This too shall pass - a new day will dawn and we will move on.  After a while this will become normal and acceptable - or it won't.  I am hoping for the best.  Moving forward with the least amount of damage not just in the United States, but in the whole world.

I am a dreamer though.  Most of the people around me and around the world want the same thing and I haven't given up hoping for  Unity and Peace!

Keep the Faith


No comments:

Post a Comment