Thursday, November 19, 2015

THINGS I HAVE LEARNED ALONG THE WAY

As I make adjustments to my life and get things into perspective I have noticed a couple of pretty amazing things.  They are not extraordinarily amazing, just average amazing and different from my usual experiences.  

One thing I have noticed, as I transition is the people who remain friendly to me and the people who don't.  I don't really have time for those who are not friendly towards me any more, or those fake friendly people who want to create drama and stir up emotions that I frankly do not have time for, even if I have nothing to do!!! 

I do have time for those fabulous friends who have been hoovering in my world.  Those friends who come for the sole purpose of sitting and chatting, teaching and learning, listening and remembering - the basic give and take kind of relationship/friendships.  

It feels wonderful to have these kinds of people in my world for sure!  They are the ones who call on me and whom I can call and chat about random things and hang up with a smile on my face and a warm feeling in my heart.

For the past couple of months (and the past many years) I have been too much around people, once again, who suck the life out of me.  Those people who don't even have the decency to acknowledge when they are done with you, or acknowledge when you are done with them, but who can come up to you if they see you and greet you like a long lost friend - a lesson learned - again.

It makes me question my Authenticity - when I don't call them on their behavior or attitude, but, I don't have time or energy for all of that, and I care even less!!!!  To think I worried myself sick over the past six weeks for naught!!!  

One of my fabulous friends, after a day of Art Shows in the area set me a bit straight, as I was having a bit of a moment over caring how insignificant people might feel about my change in position.  It isn't even from present day that I am so bothered by this flaw in my self, but something I brought with me from childhood - like that negative self talk,   I think that I might have a better grasp on it now.

Being a person who hasn't for a majority of my life, been comfortable around people - all of the social things that I do is a step closer to my goal.   learning from my experiences interacting with many  different types of people and how they work or don't work for me.  It has been frustrating at times to encounter people.  The ones I find most difficult are the ones that you can't take at face value.  They are also the hardest ones to spot until it is too late!

People are complicated and so are relationships, minor or intimate.  I am thankful for those fabulous true blue friends who are coming back out of the woodwork and into my world and for the ones I have encountered along the way!  They remind me that I am good with the right people and that makes life so much better!

Family calls and I am off to take care of things on this end!


No comments:

Post a Comment