Wednesday, October 1, 2014

TIME, PATIENCE AND FAITH




As time draws near and I am preparing for my surgery (down to 6 days) tick tock goes the clock. Thinking I was on track yesterday as I began cooking my comfort foods for my recovery and so Thomas has some easy prep work as he cares for me (hopefully) when I get home, doing the most enjoyable activity that I can do to keep the anxiety away ~ (cooking) planning on three days minimum, when the phone rings and once again the unexpected happens.

Of course I should have realized I would have to talk to the anesthesiologist and have that "pre-op" discussion, but I am thinking on what needs to be done and never considered that I would have to go down this week to Springfield, which is exactly what happened yesterday afternoon.

It threw me for a few minutes, I cannot deny.  I cursed at myself, I panicked, I pondered what to do, went through a series of F*c* My Life and mentally prepared a list of possible ways to make my way in two days to get the job done.

To my delight, the solution came quickly.  One of the perks of my new "life", no doubt about it.  The only disadvantage is it takes away a day from my cooking.  No worries here, however, I just erase Thursday from the calendar and use it as a work/play day with plans to explore Northampton on the way home from Springfield.

So today has been early to rise, chopping veg, making sauce while the Chicken Soup Stock simmers away for the rest of the day (and into the night).  I will be right on track after I get the Beef Stew going in a little bit with the plan to throw the Chicken Soup completely together on Friday before ArtWalk.

I have got this and then some!  My confidence is as high as my productivity.  A major miracle.  No stress, no worry.  Okay, that isn't true, but it is so minimal that I can barely tell it is living just under my skin.

Review finished and published, still have to share the link with a couple of people who were interested.  The added bonus of adding the 8th part to my continuing saga which has been too long in the writing (and it was so easy that I could have kicked myself!)

Complete satisfaction is how I have been rolling lately ~ that makes drawbacks and unexpected events that much easier to solve and incorporate into my life.  The computer is still down, but I am not bothered still (can you believe it????)

Life is good and I don't know how it could get any better, but I am sure as each day passes that there is no doubt in my mind that it will.  I am not even worried about putting the good out there for the world to see, not worried that the rug will be ripped out from under me and I will wake up and realize that it was all a lovely dream.

What a lovely way to live!  My only regret is that this feeling has taken so long to enter my life!  If I were to give advice right now, I would say ~ have patience ~ good things do come to those who wait. I never would have imagined that except that I am living it!

Time to prep the Beef Stew.  Have a blessed day and keep the faith ~ life can be great!

No comments:

Post a Comment