Friday, October 26, 2012

Blessings

I have taken a step back from the introspection and the memories.  While most memories are good, they drag up bad memories and reviewing pictures from various times in my life was a little bit traumatic in that respect.  Talk about system overload!

Instead I have been occupying my time with distracting myself from the past and have been out making new memories, re-connecting with old friends, making new friends, keeping the family happy by spending time with them and cooking (as usual and with pleasure)!

I have had a blessed week this week!  I went to a birthday party with my new best friend Jen, to the birthday of a dear acquaintance and met wonderful people and hung out with people whom I have known in passing for a few hundred years, but have never spent time with in such a way!  Great food and company make for a great evening!

One of my sheep who wandered out of pasture found his way back home the other day happily and unexpectedly!  I always love it when people flow back into my life, either brief random encounters in stores or on the street, or much welcome visits at home!

This week has been like that.  I have seen two brothers who were my son's friend, received a letter from a new/old friend, my old neighbor from my childhood home, who were like parents to me whom I love dearly, yet whom I haven't seen in more than ten years, my good friend Sheryl and her husband Tom found me on Facebook, just to name a few.

I am counting my blessings.  My blessings are dear to me.  Rarely do I or have I felt so blessed in my life than I do recently.  It really is the little things that make a difference to me.

At the party we wrote wishes on paper and burnt them in the fire.  Mine was to replace negative with positive naturally.  I don't know how long it will take this old dog to learn that new trick!  I am open and so ready for it!

Stay Blessed and look to the sun, not to the clouds!

Peace


No comments:

Post a Comment