Thursday, October 11, 2012

Passions Continued





After writing the passage on passions, and almost forgetting the music, how could I forget the music?  For me music has been a part of my life forever!  Jeremiah was a Bullfrog, Dead Skunk in the Middle of the Road, classic Allman Brothers, a.m. radio in the car before I even knew about f.m. radio, and that is just what I can vaguely recall until junior high school and being introduced to Aerosmith and the Cars.  I currently live for the Blues - Buddy Guy, Robert Johnson, John Mayall to name a few!  I needed to do a follow up; in addition to, so to speak.

Writing is also something that I have always done that I overlooked.  Writing to vent in journals, silly love poems, angry scribbles, Fuck the World in a Big Way Baby!  I probably have more boxes of writing than most people.  When you are alone with no one to talk to and share and bounce things off of it kind of works to write even if no one sees it.

I used to draw and do water colors.  My favorite art teacher in school is a local artist in town.  He used to bring my work home to show his wife who was also an artist.  That was long ago though.

  I was at a First Friday Artwalk in town where local artists show their work in businesses on our main street.  I was in one emporium of artists along with a crowd of people and a stranger asked me if I was an artist.  I looked at him thinking of all the art and all the things that I have done and not done and said, sometimes I am and sometimes I am not.  My talent for art only comes out to play at certain times.  I keep trying but mostly no one is home and it is the same patterns, scribbles or whatever you would like to call it.  Any one can scribble.  There are so many wonderful talents in our County!  I would never  ever say I was one of them! 

Now I do fun craft things.  I paint ceramics, decorate glass ornaments, rubber stamp, make and decorate grapevine wreaths, just to name a few.  It depends on how settled I am.  I have not been settled in a few years so my time and talent for crafts are limited.  Part of my restructuring is geared toward organization and being settled enough to do more than the daily stuff.  Being disabled it is difficult at times to even get through the dailies in a day, let alone throw something fun into the mix!

My Gram taught me how to crochet when I was a little girl.  I have been crocheting a blanket for myself, as I have made them for my boys over the years.  I thought it would be nice if I actually did something for me.  I will probably be dead before I finish it!  It took me 9 years to start and finish a blanket which started out for a friend, which I finished when my oldest son was around 5 and that was before I had small motor issues!  I will keep you posted!

I am also a huge people watcher.  It began when I was a teenager.  My city is small.  You trip over people here and there.  Being the invisible entity that I was I enjoyed noticing people.  I still do it.  Some people I have been watching for 25 years or more.  I never interact with them.  I just notice them for what ever reason.  Who knows why some people grab our attention?  Certainly not me!

It is so easy to overlook the things that make us who we are.  I think the busier and more distracted we are the less we see ourselves and remember what makes us "us".  I think with raising children, working to support and raise the family, recovering from my accidents, and just trying to survive on a daily basis bogs us down so much that we lose sight of what makes us individuals!    I for one am on a journey of exploration in this blog and I think that between yesterday and today I have had a lot to look over and pull out of myself.    So thank you Richard for the "what kind of person..." and thank you Mike for the "what are your passions"  both of those questions individually and together are so easy, simple, plain questions; yet each of those were very thought provoking, time consuming questions which made me really think hard before I could whip up an answer!

No comments:

Post a Comment