Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Dreaming of the Future



You may have noticed that I post these pictures of the ocean.  These pictures are pictures of the Azores.  My paternal great great grandparents and ancestors came from one of the islands.  It is a desire of mine to go to these islands and see them in real life for myself.   These pictures are very calming to me.  I can gaze for so long without realizing how much time goes by.  I love the clouds and the water and the way they blend in.  I like how close the clouds seem to be to the ground and I can see myself sitting on that grassy hill thinking, drawing, writing, sunning and twirling!

I have always loved the ocean.  The great vast ocean.  Stormy or calm, sunny or dark.  It calls to me in many ways.  It has been a while since I have seen the ocean, felt the sand beneath my toes, picked up shells and just absorbed the smells and sounds and walked along the beach

For many years my Mom's family, my Aunt and Uncles, and myself and my brother used to go to Misquamicut Beach, RI.  We would rent cottages and go for a week!  Visit the Osprey and play wiffle ball or badminton while waiting for dinner after a day at the beach.  A tradition I kept up, although my boys and I would camp in a great Park!

I loved to go to Chaplains and eat fresh seafood - my first lobster with my Mom and my son Jeff and My Step Dad Joe.  You would order at a counter and wait for your number to be called and eat inside or out.  If you ate on the deck you could watch the boats come in with the fresh fish.  All of my boys, although they did not really eat seafood, humored me over the years!  

One of my destinations will be the Azores!!!
Island in the Azores


No comments:

Post a Comment