Thursday, July 11, 2013

SMOOTH SAILING

Thursday already!  Wow, where has the time gone?  What a difference a week makes!  I have made such huge strides this week, facing fears, catching up finally after what seems like forever with myself on so many levels and finding loved, lost items!

I am sitting here enjoying my second tea of the day, although it is almost 11:30 in the morning ~ late start for me, what with the fasting blood work ~ done and out of the way.  It was different for me to be on the inside of the lab, as I am usually in the waiting room waiting every Thursday for my son to get his blood work done ~ today I get to visit the lab twice as I was certain I would drop dead without food or beverage if I waited until after 1:00 when we usually go!

Laundry is done, dishes are done, dinner is defrosting and the only thing left for me to do is decide if I want to bake or fry my chicken tonight.  After watching Master Chef last night, I am thinking of fried chicken, although if I had mozzarella and prosciutto I would love to make that stuffed in my chicken!  ( I don't think it would fly with my son however!!)

I have been a little nauseated during the week a few different times, and I hope that has passed, not really sure what is going on there, but it actually worked to my advantage in a roundabout way.  I put off doing the laundry for two days and so I had to go into my dresser and pull out some clothes I do not ordinarily wear this morning.

In my search for shorts, I pulled out of the back of my drawer my favourite black long jacket which I had just yesterday decided I must have left in my last apartment, remembering I wore it there when I picked up the last of my belongings the day I left my keys in the apartment.  To my delight, I found it in the back of the drawer, washed and neatly folded and waiting for me!!!

I am stoked!!! It is kind of like a signature piece in my wardrobe, (one I love even though it is not black velvet (which is really my signature)  I am sure the vacation in the drawer did it no harm, and I am thankful to have it back!

I misplaced my cell phone last night, realizing when I was halfway to the lab that I was screwed if I needed to use it ~ and had no idea where I might have left it, until I was cleaning up in the kitchen and remembered to look under the box of donuts on the stool where I put it when I was chopping veg for dinner last night.

My new rose plants are doing great since I moved them outside on the back deck, one of them producing three new buds and the promise of a couple more yet to come!  My avocado tree is also doing amazing since I replanted it into a much larger container to have more room to grow those strong roots.  Even the new ivy I got last week has spit out another shooter!!!

I do not want to say life is good, because everytime I feel that way, think it or say it outloud is when things start going a bit sideways, if you know what I mean, but it is!  I am looking forward to having much quality dog walking time with my girl Sheyna over the course of the weekend while her mom is participating in that huge Art Show in Great Barrington this weekend and I cannot wait!

Simple pleasures is what life is all about for me and I have had them in abundance this week ~ hell, this day alone!!!  I am so looking forward, and from here, it looks like sunny skies and smooth sailing!





No comments:

Post a Comment