Thursday, June 6, 2013

HOLY HOT PEPPERS!!!!!

Today, when I went to the food pantry on Thursday instead of the usual Wednesday, it was really slow and set up differently than it usually is.  Being so quiet there, and due to the fact that there was a huge box of red, yellow, and orange peppers, I said to the man that he should really tell people those are hot peppers.

I had,  previous to this week had obtained some of the offending peppers and we have been outdoing the other making dishes to out spice each other.  The man dug out an opened bag of the assorted peppers and showed me and everyone else that they were sweet peppers.

This evening, of course, I decided to put them to the test, chopping an orange, a yellow and a red pepper and sauteed them with some onions and cut up some pork medallions  and some garlic as well as some soy sauce and made some rice to put under the concoction.  Lo and behold ~ it was so deliciously hot my mouth is still on fire forty minutes later as I am writing this blog!




1 comment: