Monday, June 10, 2013

SOGGY SUMMER??!!??

Soaked again!  I am going to rename this the "Soggy Summer"!  I thought rain in December was bad!  This rain, while we need it so badly in so many areas is getting a bit ridiculous!  I am so glad that I don't own my house still because I would be on my third week of sleepless nights monitoring sump pumps!  It is crazy to see so little of the sun and warm weather.  I personally will take a heat wave over constant rain any day!  Hell ~ I would prefer snow to rain any day for that matter!

I am happy that this spring, however, the flowers are budding and opening, the grass is growing and we don't seem to be headed for that dried out flowerless summer like we had last year!  It just sucks that I have to walk everywhere in the rain ~ today having two appointments out of the house and barely having time between the two to dry off and warm up before heading out.

I am happy that I do not have anything else to do out of the house today.  I can focus on putting potatoes in the soup for dinner and enjoying the last one or two meals of chicken soup remaining.  I am so glad I made that soup the other day!

I am grateful, also to live in the mountains and not on the coast.  Today, I put on the weather channel to see what to expect, of course the heavy green rain area was to be covering my city at the time that we had to leave this morning, true to it's word, we walk out the door and these huge drops start coming down.

I was surprised to see Huntington, N.Y. underwater.  Kind of like Venice, Italy, with sea levels rising more and more, now having 100 days a year of flooding and makeshift raised sidewalks and a lot of closed stores with 6 or more inches of water inside.   I guess this is what we will have to get used to in the coming years due to Global Warming.

I for one am getting outside whenever the sun is out in the future, since it seems like it is only an occasional visitor this year!  What a bummer!  I thought we were going to be in for  delicious, roasting weather as in the previous three summers, I do wish mother nature would realize what season we are in over here in the U.S.A.!!!

Wherever you are reading from, I do wish you the best of luck coping with this unpredictable weather!  It is interesting, but I am old school and like my seasons as they are supposed to be, and right now it should be warmer and sunnier!

That is it from me today!  Rant session on the weather over...for now!

Have a great day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment