Friday, December 6, 2013

WASTED DAY TAKES ON A WHOLE NEW MEANING!

My week of possibilities has turned into a week of limited possibilities once I took that medication on Wednesday.  What a trip and a half.  I am not sure if I have been coming or going.  With my brain revved up a million miles an hour and my body fatigued and no energy.

I took the first dose on Wednesday ~ within 20 minutes I was feeling so different and I had an appointment that day with no way out of it.  I was ready in time, but then I was almost late.  I had to stop at the store on my way and had seven minutes to make it from First Street to South Street.

I don't know how I managed to be sitting in the waiting room reading a magazine with ample time to spare.  I was so wired and tired.  A walking contradiction totally!  By the evening I was a total mess.  Thankfully the friends and family who were around me were tolerant of me talking 10 million miles a minute.

When my friends left I made an attempt at writing but my brain would not let me sort anything tangible to write so I went to bed.  I have barely dreamed over the course of the past 5 years since I have been off of the major pain medication which I had been taken since 2001 ~ I must say I had little problems dreaming that night!

The morning was the absolute worse however.  I woke up later than usual and could not get out of bed for a couple of hours.  To be sure I was not looking forward to the second round of medication, although it is a taper so instead of 6 pills I had to take 5 ~ should not have been too bad the second day, but alas that was not the case.

Fortunately I had prior experience from the day before and nothing pressing which I had to leave the house for and Turkey soup in the fridge ~ another reason to be thankful!  I spent the day doing as little as possible, which is all I could do with the manic brain and the paralyzed energy.

Time went fast despite how I was feeling.  Another night of dreams ~ interesting and weird and another morning of late sleep, lack of energy and a major resistance to taking the medication today.  I just bit the bullet and did it which gives me another 10 minutes or so of functioning.  I figured I would get my writing in before I can't think straight.

Today is First Friday ArtWalk with a crappy weather forecast, and the Christmas Tree Lighting and also the gathering at the Whitney Center following ArtWalk.  In other words a very fun and busy evening if I am up for all of the challenges.

I do hope so, as I have been looking forward to this day for a couple of weeks.  So very bored with myself and I have a huge need to get out and see some Art and some people this evening for a change.  I am going to go and regroup in order to make this happen tonight.

I am out for now ~ feeling the brain fuzz coming on!

No comments:

Post a Comment