Thursday, September 10, 2015

WHERE IT ALL BEGAN




I found a typewriter- it seems so long ago.  It was on a site called Glipho.  It was the beginning of my fun, writing challenge number 1.  150 Words is all you could use,. a short phrase to lead you - challenge you to write.

This icon in my present, reminded me of my past.  Typing on this relic was how I got along.  Short stories and fantasy filled a huge need.  I loved my old typewriter.  Clacking away night and day.  Sitting in my room typing by the light of the moon.

Tonight, this icon was resurrected once again.  Glipho may be gone, but this much loved typewriter is here today, a short phrase guides my way.  "I found a typewriter" seems right on time to remind me of the person whom I used to be, waiting to be set free, encouraging, guiding and awaking the writer in me.

1 comment:

  1. You impressed me once before, now you've impressed me again. You embodied the entire sense of the challenge into 150 words.

    Originally the challenge phrase was slated to be something else, but I thought it would be nice to do this sort of thing. Not even a few hours after I found the typewriter photo that the challenge was up.

    The nice thing about the internet is that it never forgets. So here is the first glipho writing challenge: https://web.archive.org/web/20130913095030/http://glipho.com/team/writing-challenge-1-i-woke-up-today

    ReplyDelete